The intended outcomes from all scholarships will be:
- 1Meeting the Indigenous Advancement Strategy (IAS) objectives of improving literacy and numeracy.
- 2Increasing Indigenous school attendance rates.
- 3Increasing the number of students graduating in year 12.
- 4Increasing the number of students successfully transitioning to further education, training or employment.
- 5Increasing the number of graduates from university-level courses.
- 6Increasing the number of young Indigenous Australians with leadership skills, experience and character to take on leadership roles in their community and/or in the wider community.
- 7Increasing the number of young Indigenous Australians participating in decision making at local, national and international forums.
- 8Increasing the opportunity for Indigenous families and communities to have positive engagement with schools and other education providers.
- 9Increasing the number of Indigenous Australians participating in the economic and social life of the nation and as world citizens.
- 10Addressing the disproportionate disadvantage in remote Australia.