Employment and Education Housing (EEH) program
Nyirrwa Murrgurlayi is an affordable, supported accommodation facility in Broome for people who are single, over 18 and actively studying, employed or in training.
Here is what you need to know
- The service we deliver is known as the Employment and Education Housing (EEH) program.
- The program is run by MADALAH Limited, with the support of the Department of Communities, who own the property.
- The support provided aims to contribute to the successful completion of training, transition to full-time employment, and eventually into private accommodation.
- Board and lodging costs at Nyirrwa Murrgurlayi are partly subsidised and based on an individual participant’s income.
- Nyirrwa Murrgurlayi is located at 6 Bagot Street, Broome.
Who should apply
- Nyirrwa Murrgurlayi is for people who have gained employment, education or training opportunities in Broome, the regional centre of the West Kimberley.
- Single men or women over the age of 18, in training, apprenticeships, studying or employed are eligible to apply.
- Priority is given to people of Western Australian Aboriginal descent, from remote communities, who are undertaking education or training with employment outcomes.
Find out more
If you need accommodation, please read the Participant FAQs to find out more.
If you are an Organisation or Employer, please read the Employer FAQs to find out more.
IIf you want to know more about The Department of Communities’ EEH programs, please read the EEH Brochure.