MADALAH will provide programs and assistance to
i) Transform the lives of Individuals by developing the power to realise their dreams
ii) To develop leadership skills that will give self confidence and personal growth
The areas that will be targeted to realise these outcomes broadly relate to the following areas:
- Training and Education
- Leadership and Personal Development
- Health and Healing
These four areas are not independent of each other. There will be linkages between these areas with programs that link and/or overlap so that a sustainable path to personal happiness and contentment is achieved.
In association with these services we recognise the need for:
- Counselling at risk youth in relation to substance abuse
- Providing shelters or short term accommodation for those suffering from family violence and those who need the provision of direct relief to those suffering distress, misfortune, etc.
- The provision of mid term accommodation for those undertaking training/employment that do not have suitable accommodation
The types of programs that MADALAH will be providing in these areas being:
TRAINING AND EDUCATION
Nyaarla Projects is currently a Training and Employment Service Provider for the Indigenous Youth Mobility Programme (IYMP) in Perth/Western Australia.
The objectives of IYMP match those of MADALAH. The objectives being:
- Improve access to training and employment opportunities in major centres for young Indigenous Australians from remote communities;
- Increase the number of young Indigenous Australians participating in accredited training;
- Increase the number of Indigenous people employed in occupations in particular areas of community need such as trades, nursing, accountancy, business management and teaching; and
- Support the economic development in remote communities by building the capacity of local Indigenous youth to take up skilled jobs in their communities.
The training and education element of MADALAH is one link in a chain that leads to the final outcome of employment. Nyaarla Projects is currently on a panel to provide the following employment related services:
- Pre-employment support services
- Employment placement services
- Mentoring services
LEADERSHIP AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
In many cases people need more than just the opportunity to undertake training/education and/ employment, they often have to resolve inner personal issues including the development of self belief, confidence and leadership skills. This program aims to:
- Empower Indigenous young people with the skills to make a sustainable contribution to their communities
- Build pride, resilience and confidence in decision making
- Improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous young people
- Develop further employment and training opportunities
- Develop individual and community resourcefulness and life-skills
HEALTH AND HEALING
Many of the people who need training/education need to deal with a range of health issues.
These health issues may include substance abuse, obesity and other eating related problems plus a range of other health issues. Along with this there are issues such as abuse of varying forms that people need to overcome before they can become empowered and believe in themselves.